Maintenance Supervisor Irvine, California
Job Ref: 35313
The Maintenance Supervisor will assist with all maintenance activities to ensure maximum operational potential is realized for the entire plant operation. This includes all functions in the areas of Maintenance Business Management, Maintenance Materials Inventory (MRO), Maintenance Recruit to Retire, Manufacturing Process Reliability and Equipment Reliability, e.g. departmental budgets, computerized maintenance management systems, preventive/predictive and corrective maintenance programs. Also, Technical Skills Management of electrical, electronics, controls programming, mechanical systems (process equipment, packaging equipment), waste treatment, stockroom, building and grounds, utilities systems including but not limited to boiler and ammonia refrigeration. Assistance with the development, coordination and execution of maintenance related capital budget items in concert with engineering.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Directs maintenance personnel to ensure that all systems operate at their highest capability to meet required production schedules, quality, costs and schedule priorities
- Improves reliability, maintenance and processing methods to reduce cost and avoid loss of production as a result of equipment malfunction or failure time.
- Determines equipment capabilities, safety and operational condition in coordination with the other Supervisors and technicians.
- Develops preventative maintenance procedures that are cost effective and increase the operational life of the equipment.
- Seek and implement the continuous improvement of the process through equipment improvement modifications.
- Assist in the development of the system and operational standards and corrective actions.
- Develops, implements and reviews regularly, site-specific maintenance logs for department.
- Coordinates, arranges, and supervises, or provides for the completion of corrective and preventive maintenance in accordance with company operating procedures, practices and financial considerations.
- Provide maintenance training to include the effective utilization of the maintenance logs, completion of routine maintenance specific to facility, equipment operations and support.
- Assists workers in diagnosing malfunctions in machinery and equipment.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Assist with preparing requisitions to determine the number of spare parts to be kept in inventory.
- Assist in maintaining departmental operating budget at a positive variance by effectively utilizing the workforce and equipment.
- Assist with safety training, monthly safety meetings, member of safety committee, and provides technical support for all safety projects, and supports implementation of the 9-key element process.
- Evaluates long-term needs in relation to major projects and factory improvements.
- Ensures that equipment and facility are maintained in a safe, operable condition and/or arrange for replacement/upgrades.
- Establishes procedures and contacts to ensure timely repairs of equipment.
- Directs workers in electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic, and utility systems maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment.
- Directs workers engaged in dismantling, assembling, and installing industrial machinery.
- Assists with developing department employee relations by continued communication of all information affecting them and through the conduct of monthly departmental safety meetings. This is further enhanced by employee and personal participation in the Plant Safety and Ergonomics committees.
- Analyzes production downtime reports, determines opportunities, and initiates action plan to increase efficiencies.
- Participate in the QRMP yearly audit and assist in the development of procedures and corrective actions.
- Oversee and lead the implementation of the QRMP (Quality Risk Management Process) system and operational standards as outlined in the plant accountability list in order to achieve targeted RCR.
- Assist and partner with business leaders on implementation of process improvement (Six Sigma / Lean/ Global Production System, including leading change initiatives, planning, and facilitation.
- Assist with the supervision of Maintenance staff including but not limited to performance management and employee development, etc.
- Communicate with outside agencies i.e. contractors, equipment suppliers, technical consultants and vendors.
- Continuous and close coordination with the Maintenance Manager, other Maintenance Supervisor(s), other Team Members, and Human Resource
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related Technical field is strongly preferred
- Minimum of 1-5 years of related leadership experience in a Manufacturing environment is required
- Experience implementing and maintaining TPM Systems is strongly preferred
- Understanding of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and utility systems including ammonia refrigeration and boiler systems is a plus
- Must have the knowledge of good manufacturing practices. Be safety and quality minded and have the ability to make sound decisions.
- Understanding of direct and overhead cost systems.
- Experience using, trouble-shooting and programming Allen Bradley PLCs is a plus
- Must be able to work flexible schedule to include days, afternoons, midnights, and weekend work.