Maintenance Reliability Manager Painesville, Ohio
Job Ref: 35153
We are currently looking for a Maintenance and Reliability Manager for our Fairport, Ohio mine. This position will develop and manage the maintenance and reliability strategy, supporting the objectives of the facility in order to achieve business goals. Develops and administers plant maintenance systems and philosophies, providing efficient and effective projects and maintenance services to the plant. The manager administers both contracts and the maintenance budget and ensures compliance with regulations and corporate standards. Leads the reliability and maintenance department and supervises the department members (including performance management, salary administration, promoting career development and coordinating technical duties). The Maintenance and Reliability Manager directs the development and implementation of maintenance and reliability programs and processes to deliver an objective return on investment, within the boundaries of available resources and constraints.
- Aligns with and understands the needs of the businesses and communicates goals to the maintenance organization.
- Creates and implements strategic directions for reliability and maintenance implemented through measurable action items/ milestones.
- Manages site reliability striving for a consistent/sustainable improvement trend
- Manages maintenance personnel through measurable and achievable targets.
- Manages outside contractors’ contracts as required.
- Creates the maintenance annual budget (distributed maintenance, supplies maintenance, and outside contractors – maintenance) and manages maintenance costs.
- Creates, implements and monitors work processes to achieve business objectives in terms of Operating Asset Utilization and $/RAV.
- Creates, implements and monitors work processes to achieve compliance to MSHA regulations, Ohio ODNR regulations, Department of Commerce, Nation Industrial Codes, and corporate standards.
- Creates, implements and monitors metrics to identify continuous improvement needs and performance management issues.
- Manages the reliability and maintenance procedure system.
- Manages the documentation system (e.g., equipment files).
- Implements and monitors the MRO procurement processes at the plant.
- Ensures that the inventory in Stores is adequate and optimum to meet business needs.
- Conducts performance evaluations and salary administration of personnel.
- Actively supports employee and career development of personnel.
- Determines the need for outside resources.
- Participates in the Plant Leadership Team; participates in or leads some initiatives on its behalf.
- 7-10 years management experience (Maintenance / Reliability), preferably in a mining/ industrial setting preferred
- 5-10 years’ experience with mobile heavy equipment in earthworks or mining preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience with mineral belt conveyors preferred
- Previous experience with underground roof and pillar operations a plus.
- 2-3 years’ experience with drum winders and koepe/friction hoists highly desired.
- Proficient with: Microsoft products, SAP experience preferred.
- Strong communication skills and effective leadership a must.
- SMRP certification desired but not required.