Electro Mechanic Victorville, California
Job Ref: 35337
Maintenance Mechanic Victorville CA 3rd shift 12 hour shift every other weekend off 6PM to 6AM Direct hire. 28-30 per hour MUST be strong with electrical and PLC troubleshooting!!!!
- Responsible at all times for promoting a safety culture and awareness throughout the plant and within their area. Support and adhere to all plant safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Perform technical work while running lines in pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical and mechanical areas.
- Root cause analysis to troubleshoot and eliminate primary causes of downtime, etc. to improve OEE (overall equipment effectiveness).
- Maintain packaging equipment including, but not limited to, machine adjustments, repairs, lubrication, etc. and perform routine preventative maintenance to maintain efficient operation.
- Active participation in training and certification program as needed by training all Technical Line Operators in technical aspects of machinery to include set-ups, changeovers, troubleshooting, etc.
- Effectively communicate and coordinate changeover requirements with all affected personnel and departments.
- Execute the TPM (total productive maintenance) program as assigned by machine, participate in and follow up on all related activities.
- Computer operation to include SAP, CMMS, inventory management system, machine downtime history files, etc.
- Responsible for performance improvement in all areas of safety, quality and productivity in support of packaging line operation.
- Responsible for all plant maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of equipment, some construction responsibilities and other general maintenance duties.
- This position will be required to provide production operator relief.
- Perform required preventative maintenance on all equipment and maintain all quality records for same.
- Monitor all production areas and ensure compliance to standard operating procedures.
- Identify line bottlenecks and recommend improvements in processes and maintenance of line equipment.
- Maintain communication with team members and maintain efficiency of all plant operations.
- Ensure optimal utilization of resources and monitor and support production runs.
- Perform inventory and ordering of spare parts and supplies.
- Provides accurate documentation on log sheets, log books and reports.
- Keeps work area clean, neat and free from safety hazards.
- Follow all facility safety rules, policies and procedures including the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Follow all facility Environmental and Security rules, policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as reassigned.
What you’ll need:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to repair and install industrial equipment.
- Ability to weld (Tig, Arc, Mig), pipefit, and machine.
- Ability to read and interpret technical and Mechanical drawings, P&ID’s.
- 3-5 years proven maintenance mechanic experience in a fast-paced lean manufacturing environment preferred; CPG (consumer packaged goods) industry a plus
- Strong mechanical aptitude including knowledge of three phases electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and PLC controls, shop math skills and strong troubleshooting ability required
- Strong computer skills required; previous experience with SAP or CMMS preferred.
- Other combinations of Experience and related technical training may be considered.